This is the way WE homeschool......

Friday, March 5, 2010



Ohhh, I'm just kiddin'. :)
Notice the break-dance-ish attempts courtesy of the GodRocks concert we attended last Saturday. It was really great!

Hello Friday, I'm glad to see you here. Although, I don't know why. My weekends usually bring just as much, if not more, work. Honour has ballet tonight, the girls have KinderSing all tomorrow morning and than of course MountainKids on Sunday.

I have to tell you though, something quite miraculous has happened around our house. It's now been about 3.5 weeks since I last nursed Afton. Maybe 4.5. And in that time....she has started sleeping through the night. That's right!!! A complete miracle!! (Here's where all you non or yet-to-be parents kinda shake your head and roll your eyes slightly) For a bit she was still waking up 2-3 times a night but James took night duty (well after 21 months I would say so) and within a week or 2 she had figured out that 'moyee' was not forthcoming. She kept asking me during the day about every other day and that's probably spread out just this past week. I thought I'd be kinda sad, what with her being my last and all, but....not so much. I'm just starting to enjoy not being pregnant or nursing for the first time in more than seven years. And sleeping through the night for the first time in about as long. (Jairus was a great sleeper, so I can't say almost 9 years) I wonder how long it takes for a body to recover from that kind of sleep deprivation?

Speaking of sleep, I've just got Afton down for a nap (and she appears to be actually staying down for it) so it's lunch for me and then reading with Honour.

Later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment