Rail against the System

Monday, May 22, 2006

DVD's are not all they're cracked up to be. In fact, I'm ready to go back to videos any day now.

I'll bet I could launch a petition and every mother of young children would sign it.

To DVD manufacturers:

We the undersigned would like to bring to your attention our dissatisfaction with your product. A number of years ago, DVD's were introduced to consumer society and hailed as the highest level of technology in movie viewing. What was not immediately obvious, and wouldn't become so until thousands of young mothers replaced all their Winnie the Pooh videos with DVD's, is that they are also the most unstable form of home entertainment to date. Your product has now become the source of 99.9% of all household upheavals, including crying fits, temper tantrums and food thrown at the TV. Uncertainty and fear have now replaced the sighs of relief across the nation, when a mum could hit the play button and count on 35 minutes of blissful peace and quiet while little ones were occupied with the antics of Boots, Bob and Woody.

We'll take grainy any day over the epileptic-like seizures of a skipping Clifford the big Red Dog.

Sincerely,
CMFUWSD
(Canadian Mothers Fed Up With Scratched DVD's)

Anyone hopping on my bandwagon?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Flipping thru blogs on my lunchbreak has become a habit now and I came across yours and this particular one.

I damn near spit out my coffee laughing, as I share your opinion. I miss the days of popping a tape in and it just going, period.

id sign it!

Andrea said...

id sign it.

I miss the days of pop in tape and walk away.........

I really enjoyed this, as a mom of a 6 year old, I totally got what you were talking about

Les said...

Aha! I knew there were more out there...closet CMFUWSDer's...

Post a Comment